Anyway, there's a blogger reading list for the year that I'm hopping onto. I got this one from Catie, who got it from Life as Mom (though I'm not entirely sure she was the originator of this particular list). But the titles sound interesting, so I'm in! Here's the schedule with the "read by" dates, in case you'd also like to join.
Just don't request them from my library, yo. The queue is already too long.
- February 10 - The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- March 10 - Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- April 10 - Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery that Revolutionizes Home Baking by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois
- May 10 - Finding Your Purpose as a Mom: How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground by Donna Otto
- June 10 - The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
- July 10 - Dancing with My Father: How God Leads Us into a Life of Grace and Joy by Sally Clarkson
- August 10 - The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- September 10 - Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living by Tsh Oxenreider (from SimpleMom!)
- October 10 - Not Your Mother's Casseroles by Faith Durand
- November 10 - The Reluctant Entertainer by Sandy Coughlin
- December 10 - On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson, the first in The Wingfeather Saga (the original list has the third book in the saga, but I don't think it's out yet. Figure I'd better read the others first!)
Some others I'm including that I plan to read this year:
- The Organic God by Margaret Feinberg
- Scouting the Divine by Margaret Feinberg
- The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
- Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (because I'm the last person to read it)
I'd list a few more, but that Washington book is going to be a doozy. It's crazy long and crazy dense. Glad we own that one, or the library would own me!
Whether or not you join this reading list, do you have anything on your reading list this year?