Yeah, it's a pretty impressive story.
Instead, I'm going to issue a challenge.
Let's have a secret Valentine's Day.
- Do one thing for your spouse that he or she normally has to do (some kind of chore). Bonus points if you do a chore he or she despises!
- Tell your spouse one thing you like about him or her. Not something your spouse does for you—something intrinsic you love about your spouse. Be very specific!
- Refrain from saying anything negative to or about your spouse today.
- Give your spouse at least one three-second kiss.
- Most importantly: Pray for your spouse. Something very specific.
The thing that makes it a secret? Don't point out that you did any of this stuff. No, "Oh, did you see I did your chore for you? Aren't I nice!" None of that. Just do it without hope of recognition or praise. Do it because you love your spouse. Or because you want to love your spouse. Make the choice.
And, you know, you could do this tomorrow, too. And the next day. And the next day.
In fact, repeat daily. Forever.
Happy Valentine's Day!