Does it get any better than that?
Yes, yes it does.
Because I want you to be there, too!
I know there are still many women fundraising for their She Speaks registration fee, and I'd like to help. Well, me and an anonymous She Speaks donor who sweetened the deal for me. Isn't that nice?
So I have $150 to give away toward your She Speaks registration!
Here are the guidelines:
- You need to write a blog post for me. Here's the topic:
- All of us have a little Lazy Christian in us, right? What's your main pitfall when it comes to your faith walk? How are you working on becoming an unLazy Christian in that aspect?
- So that's the topic. Explore it as fully as you can. But, more than that, I want your writing voice. What sets you apart from all those other writers out there? Be you!
- Please watch your spelling and grammar—have someone proofread it for you. I was an English major, after all, so I'm a little persnickety about these things. And then e-mail it to thelazychristian at yahoo.
- Word limit is 450. For reals. I may have a lot of these to read! I hope I do, anyway.
- Entries are due by Friday, May 20, 2011.
- I will narrow it down to the top five (using a rubric measuring content, style, voice, and grammar), which will then go on to a panel of female, Christian writers I've hand-picked for this contest. Isn't that professional of me? Names will be removed from the essays to prevent any partiality. They will then select their favorite, and the most popular with the panel will be our winner!
And here's a little more info on the actual registration stuff:
- You must already be registered for She Speaks 2011. It's full, so I guess you couldn't get in now if you wanted to. But still. Already registered.
- I'll send the money directly to She Speaks on behalf of your scholarship. They'll apply the money to your registration fee. I will not send you a check directly. Update: If you've already paid, She Speaks will refund $150!
- Please include your full name and address in the e-mail with your entry so I can provide that information to She Speaks with your scholarship. You know, in case there are 50 Jane Smiths registered already. I want you to get your cash, yo!
The winner's post will be my Friendly Friday post for Friday, May 27. That's how you'll know if you won! If you don't win and you'd like me to hang on to your post to use as a Friendly Friday feature, please let me know that in your entry e-mail (and include the name and address of your blog, if you have one). I'll be sure to use all the essays I get!
And know this: This contest is under heavy surveillance. By God. I'm praying over this like mad so that the right person gets this prize. I'm praying over my judgement, the judgement of my writer's panel, everything. I mean, $150 may not sound like a ton of money, but there may be someone for whom this $150 is the difference between going and not going. So, if you win, know that you were hand-picked by God for this one! How awesome is that?
That's it! If you have any questions, leave a comment or send an e-mail to the above address. I look forward to reading your posts!