Clearly, I'm quite savvy to the Twitter lingo.
Anyway, Jessica is the author of My Time as Mom, a wonderful mom blog filled with humor and the antics of her two adorable girls. I'm grateful to have her here today, as her post is filled with reminders we all need. Go check her out!
Over the course of the last 7 ½ years my life has changed dramatically. I went from being a young, single adult working full time to now a married stay at home mom to 2 adorably insane little girls. I have had many ups and downs during this time, but I would not change anything because it has made me who I am today. I have also learned many valuable lessons that I would like to share with you:
- A simple smile can go a long way
- There is nothing better than hugs and kisses from my children (even if they have monster dragon breath because they have not brushed their teeth yet)
- Real friends in life are hard to come by so cherish them
- Taking a nap with the kids is quality family time
- Waking up early in the morning will not kill you
- It is possible to survive without caffeine – really it is
- Walks around the block picking flowers with my kids(weeds really but we will call them flowers) are one of the best parts of the day
- A package of bacon can be opened in more than one way
- Date nights with the husband are important even if we only ever go to the movies
- Take lots of pictures because time moves way too fast
To my husband and my beautiful daughters, thank you for teaching me these lessons in life, and I look forward to many more.
What has your family taught you in the course of your life?