Really, people? I'm not that important. I promise.
Fortunately, a lot of those e-mails were replies to my Week of Wisdom bloggers. Thanks so much to Stefanie Brown, Jennifer Luitwieler, Heatherly Sylvia, Marni Arnold, and Brittany Williamson for sharing their stories. They were fantastic! If you haven't read them, go do it!
And I have not returned from vacation empty-handed. I come bearing gifts for you! My friends over at The Center for Global Impact, in conjunction with byTavi, are letting me give away one of their beautiful (and I mean beautiful) tote bags. Here are some samples:
Aren't they gorgeous? They're even more stunning in person. I have my own, and I've gotten them as gifts for others. They're made in Cambodia by women (including Tavi, the company's namesake) who need to work to keep themselves and their children clothed, fed, and out of slavery. That's the best part about these bags, really: the difference they make in the lives of Cambodian women and children. From the byTavi site:
Every dollar spent on a byTavi product is used to compensate the designers and seamstresses, purchase materials, cover the cost of the building lease in Cambodia, and fuel other CGI projects in Cambodia that are designed to equip and empower the poor. With your support, women like Tavi are given the opportunity to provide for their families and live a life of hope in a part of the world that is notorious for the atrocities committed against the poor.
I'm so proud to own one of these lovely bags. Because CGI is located here in Indianapolis, I love going around town and seeing other women with byTavi bags. They're so easily recognizable, they always start a conversation!
Let's get a conversation started in your town. To enter to win a byTavi tote, please peruse their site and leave a comment telling me what item (they also have scarves and quilted purses!) and what pattern/color you'd most like to wear. For additional entries:
- Subscribe to The Lazy Christian via e-mail, Networked Blogs, or Google Connect and leave a separate comment telling me you've done so (or that you already do so).
- Follow @byTavi on Twitter and leave a separate comment telling me you've done so.
- Follow @LazyChristian on Twitter and leave a separate comment telling me you've done so.
- Tweet the following and leave a separate comment telling me you've done so: I just entered to win a super cute @byTavi tote from @LazyChristian! http://bit.ly/noDbJo
- Like byTavi on Facebook and leave a separate comment telling me you've done so.
- Like The Lazy Christian on Facebook and leave a separate comment telling me you've done so.
There you have it! That's up to seven entries per person! Enter once, enter seven times. Whatever you like! Entries will be open through Saturday, October 29th, at 9pm. Then I'll randomly choose a winner and announce it on Monday morning.
Just because you have a whole week to enter doesn't mean you should put it off, though. Enter now!